Tuesday, December 25, 2007

New Challenge Member

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Heidi Estrin and I've recently joined the Jewish Literature Challenge!

I'm involved with Jewish books in several ways. I'm a librarian at Congregation B'nai Israel, a Reform synagogue in Boca Raton, Florida. I host a podcast called The Book of Life, which features Jewish books, music, film and web. And I'm past chair of the Sydney Taylor Book Award, which recognizes the best in Judaic children's literature each year. I will definitely be reading more than 5 Jewish books by the deadline of this challenge!

FYI, for those of you who love kidlit, the Sydney Taylor Book Award committee is currently deliberating, and the 2008 winners will be announced in early January! Keep an eye on www.SydneyTaylorBookAward.org - and I'll also post an announcement here. The award is given by the Association of Jewish Libraries.

Looking forward to seeing what everybody's reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This challenge is no longer officially running. It's being left up so you can find good books to read and read the reviews. Comments are moderated and are NOT gone through often. So don't expect to see your comment show up fast.